Thursday, December 15, 2011

Start of something new

I honestly don't know what my intentions are with this blog. I've been inspired people people like Gina from The Fitnessista and Kaitlin from Healthy Tipping Point. They've managed to attract tons of people who enjoy the same things that they do (me included!): food and exercise. Now I know that I'll never get the amount of traffic that these inspirational ladies do, I would like to get at least a few faithful followers.

My main goal for this blog is to have a place to jot down my thoughts regarding anything that goes on in my life. Typically, I can't stand journaling. This is due to a couple of different reasons. One is because I felt somewhat forced to journal when I was hospitalized at Sheppard Pratt. Okay, okay. I wasn't forced. But I felt obligated to journal. Almost all the girls around me there journaled. Additionally, when we had free time there we weren't allowed to go outside and run around. We were expected to sit. And sit. And sit some more. So what can you do while sitting? Journaling sounded good. One of our classes was "Journaling." Needless to say, I got my fair share of journaling there. Another reason why I hate "journaling" is because I can't stand writing a lot. I mean, I like to write but when my hand gets tired, my penmanship starts to get sloppy. Now, I'm a perfectionist (isn't everybody?!). When I look back at my journal entries, I can't stand looking at my writing going from perfect to something that looks like a doctors script pad.

Online journaling is a little more appealing to me. My perfect penmanship doesn't take a turn for the worse and my focus of this blog is not to write and fester in my old disordered thoughts. I want this blog to be a place where I can write about life in general. Yes, my passion is exercise so a big part of my blog will be about running, fitness gear and my sweat and tears. Along with exercise needs to come a good refueling system: food. While I don't see myself as a "food blogger," I will be posting some pictures of my meals and recipes. My blog will also touch upon other aspects of my life. The most important aspect is my husband. I will talk about him, a lot. He's my rock. He's my guardian angel. We are trying to get pregnant so there are days where I'll drop some TTC (Trying to Conceive) topics and abbreviations. My dogs and my job are other topics that I will engage.

I have high hopes for this blog. I've started a couple in the past and for some reason, they just haven't worked out. This one however, I feel will be a source of comfort for me. An outlet.

Striving for Strides: Striving to reach the highest level is something I've done since a little girl. Whether it was striving for all A's or perfect attendance in school or whether it was striving to making All Conference for High school Softball or making the Show Band at the University of South Florida.... I've always strived to the highest level. By definition, a stride is "to reach the point or level at which one functions most competently and consistently." There in lies the title of my little blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment