Saturday, December 17, 2011

Merry Christmas to me!


Hello friends! How is everyone doing on this fine saturday night? Michael and I decided to open one christmas gift each tonight. Honestly, we've both have not been in the Christmas spirit whatsoever. So to boost our morale I guess; to lift our spirits, we decided to open a little gift a week (and a day) early. I've had my eye set on one gift in particular. I knew what it was because my husband slipped one night. Not literally; he didn't fall. But he ended up telling me what it was. I've been asking for a gym membership for months now. And sure enough, he got me a membership to Anytime Fitness, which is about 5 minutes down the road from our house. Now, it's not as nice (and big) as LA Fitness but it's more convenient. It's a pretty decent size and it has showers (I've heard).

Michael ended up opening the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office money clip that I got him. I was in Patricks Uniform store a few weeks ago to pick up some shirt stays for him when I saw the clip in the glass case. I knew he'd like it and appreciate it so I purchased it. I also purchased one for his dad that says Dad on a HCSO badge. Michael's is silver and says deputy. It's like a mini HCSO badge (star). It definitely made my husband smile, which makes me happy.

On another note, I ended up making "Santa's Sacks" tonight for dessert. I originally saw it on Cely's (Runningoffthereeses.com) blog.


Finished product
Before placing them in the oven

Before "bundling" the sacks :)
They turned out mighty spectacular if you ask me. Mike and I even invited the Sheriff's Deputy (who was doing some "off duty" work in our neighborhood) over to grab a Santa's Sack. :) He enjoyed the gooey goodness too!

Here's the recipe if you're interested...

Ingredients:

Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (Comes 2 in a box) - thawed

Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (or another filling)

Directions: Make sure that the pastry sheets are thawed but not too thawed where they are warm and they just stick to everything. Lay the sheet out on a flat surface covered with flower. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to where it's almost transparent. So make it nice and thin. Cut one sheet into fours. So you'll make four separate mini squares. If you're using both sheets that came in the package, you'll obviously have 8 squares total.

In each square, add a little bit of your filling. In my case, I used 2 spoonfuls of chocolate chips. You can use cherries, apple pie filling, etc.

Next, to make the sack bring the opposite corners together and pinch them together. Next, bring the other corners to the middle and continue to press firmly. Once all four side are together, press the dough until it sticks together and maintains the “sack” shape. Also go around and press the seams down and push together any gaping sections until it looks like the insides aren’t going to leak out while you are cooking them. Place the sacks on an ungreased baking sheet and bake @ 400 for 16-18 minutes until golden. You want them to be golden on the outside, yet cooked long enough to be done in the middle . Let them cool for about 5 minutes and sprinkle some powered sugar on top. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment